Here is a delicious raw vegan veggie burger recipe I know you’ll love! The burgers are made with carrots, soaked walnuts, celery, red onion, and herbs and spices. I made my own cheddar “cheese” out of soaked cashews, red bell pepper, red onion, and seasonings. Everything is raw, pure, living, and made with organic ingredients. Share it with family and friends.
Enjoy the recipe! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Raw Vegan Walnut Veggie Burger with Cashew Cheddar “Cheese” on a Romaine Lettuce Leaf Bun Topped with Red Onion Slices and Tomatoes
Veggie Burger Ingredients:
* Serves 2-4
Please note: I don’t have exact measurements for these burger recipes, so i would just advise to simply wing it. If you’re making for more people, you’ve got to make a bigger batch, as the recipe below makes for about 2-4 people.
- 1 cup raw walnuts or sunflower seeds (I used walnuts, both nuts and seeds must be soaked for 4-8 hours for optimum health and benefits)
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat or flax seed flour
- 4 organic carrots stalks, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 tbsp seasonings of choice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 8-10 black olives (or any other kind of olives; I used black)
* Mix the nut base with veggies and seasonings, and seasonings in a food processor or blender until crumbly, but some-what smooth. Add the chopped veggies and olives. Pulse until the burgers are well combined, but have some texture. Form round patties.
* Shape into four patties and dehydrate at 115 degrees for 30 minutes flip, and dehydrate for another 30 minutes. You could of course, dehydrate the patties for longer, as they will need more drying time to be firm. So anywhere from 8+ hours is recommended.
* If you do not have a dehydrator, you can just skip the dehydrating process and “cook” in a pan with coconut oil on each side until crispy (but keep raw).
* You can use romaine lettuce, swiss card or nori sheet. Use which ever wrap is your favorite. I used romaine lettuce.
Creamy Cheddar “Cheese”:
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked (if not using pine nuts, add 1 cup raw cashews)
- 2-3 garlic clove
- 1/2 of a bell pepper
- 1/2 of a lemon juiced
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup water (try adding a little bit less)
* Blend all ingredients in blender until creamy. Pour “cheese” into a bowl, serve, and enjoy! If too thick, add more water. If too loose, add more cashews and hemp seeds.
GARNISH & TOPPINGS:
Be Cre8ive and add whatever toppings desired.
Enjoy your epic raw veggie burgers with cheddar “cheese”.
If you made this recipe yourself, comment below and/or take a picture and share it on Instagram and tag @rawveganpreneur.
raw vegan, raw vegan veggie burger, raw vegan veggie burger recipe, raw pure living, raw pure living foods, raw pure living lifestyle, raw foods diet, raw foods lifestyle, raw vegan gourmet recipe, raw food recipe, walnut carrot veggie burger, raw vegan recipes, gourmet vegan recipes, gourmet raw foods, fully raw, raw pure living foods, raw vegan living, raw vegan recipe blog, raw vegan preneur, raw vegan cashew cheese, cashew cheddar cheese, low fat raw vegan recipe, low fat raw vegan veggie burger, low fat raw vegan veggie burger recipe, raw vegan cashew cheese, gourmet raw vegan cashew cheese,