What do you call a vegan version of oreo? Vegorio!
If you follow me on Instagram, you may already know what this bowl of ice cream is all about and my love for it. The vegorio and ice cream is made without any dairy, sugar, eggs, or processed refined ingredients. It’s very fueling, high-carb and low in fat. You can eat this for either breakfast, lunch or dinner, as it makes a great complete meal (a nourishing and satisfying one at that!).
This recipe is so easy and quick to make; it’s also very kid-friendly, as well.
Low-Fat Raw Vegan Vegorio Recipe
- 1/2 cup organic buckwheat flour (I use Bob’s Red mill brand)
- 2 tablespoons organic hemp seeds
- 5-7 freshly pitted medjool dates (depending on the variety of dates you use, add more or less. THe dates serves as the natural sweetener and is what makes the consistency stick together and crumble into vegorio)
- 1/4 tsp or a pinch of Real Salt (to bring out sweetness)
- 1-2 tablespoons cacao powder (optional, but recommended as it makes the vegorio chocolately)
- 1 packet of SweetLeaf stevia
- 4-8 tablespoons filtered water (add more or less, depending on the consistency)
Ice cream ingredients:
- 5-8 frozen bananas (the amount of bananas you want to add is up to you and dependent on whom you’re serving)
Additional & Optional Toppings:
- Wholesome Sweet black strap molasses
- 1 teaspoon or tablespoon Crazy Richard’s Peanut Butter
- 6 tablespoons cacao powder
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 heaping tablespoons raw coconut nectar or black strap molasses
- 2 packets of SweetLeaf stevia
To make the Chocolate:
- Melt the coconut oil
- In a bowl, add cacao powder with melted coconut oil, liquid sweetener, and stevia.
- Stir together with a spoon or fork, until a creamy and smooth consistency. If the consistency is too thick, add a bit more melted coconut oil. If the consistency is too thin, add more cacao powder with a bit of sweetener.
- On a flat plate, place chocolate molds or cookie cutters and pour the chocolate inside.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes or until frozen.
To make the vegorio:
Pit the dates and add all ingredients in a food processor, processing until a sticky and crumbly consistency. Taste test it. If you want it sweeter, add more dates and/or another packet of stevia. If the dough is too dry, add more water. The consistency is ready when the dough sticks together with your fingers.
Once the vegorio is ready, set aside while you make the ice cream.
To make the ice cream, place frozen bananas in a high speed blender, blending until a creamy and smooth, soft-serve consistency.
Serve your bowl now for vegorio banana ice cream!
- Serve your ice cream in a bowl.
- Drizzle black strap molasses all over the ice cream
- Pour your vegorio on top of your ice cream.
- Remove your chocolate from the molds and chop it into chunks and pour on top of your vegorio.
- Scoop peanut butter on top.
- Dig in and enjoy!
Now you have the recipe, go make vegorio! I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below 🙂